Sunday, February 22, 2009

Runners


What a thrill it has been to be surrounded by a group of people with such a positive outlook on life. This weekend I had the opportunity to run with Micheal, Steve, Alvin, Eric, Allison, Owen, Charlie, Linda, Arthur, and a couple of athletic running K-9's on Saturday at Tiger Mountain and my friend and confidant Rob Jacobsen at the Birch Bay Marathon on Sunday. In the 8 1/2 hours we were out "playing" and the 3 1/2 hours we were dodging cars at Birch Bay (while still having a blast no less) we all talked about everything from the world's successes-problems, races coming up-races past, our dreams-mistakes, friends-foes, and everything else in between depending on the moment. But what struck me in all of the conversation is it was always stated in the postive or hopeful. What a joy! We meet so many folks in our daily life that do not seem to want to be happy, do not want to enjoy the world we live in and naturally, if we are not careful, we get caught up. I can say for myself, it's not worth it and I feel proud to be associated with such great people as we are in the running (especially ultrarunning) community. You all have changed my life and given me a new outlook.... THANK YOU.

No comments: