Sunday, January 18, 2009

Running Farther

As with anything we do, the chance to do it better, longer or more often comes into play. We become consumed with the things we love to do and sometimes let them get out of balance with the rest of our lives. Running can fall into this category very easily as it is a fantastic release and an enormous endorphin rush. There aren't many better feelings than the satisfaction of a great run. As we get accustomed to the miles the nature is to want to go farther. For me, I have made a vow to increase the miles only as I am confident my mind and body are ready. I am very excited to say that I am ready for the real ultras and the thought of really long races is stirring heavily in my mind. I am still committed, however to making sure that my running desires stay just that and not another "have to".......

No comments: